Enroll Info, Dress Code, Payment & Other Policies
- CLASS PLACEMENT: Once the registration form & enrollment fee are received in our office, you will receive an email (typically within a week) to place your child in a class. We do our best to place your child based on your top preference, however, placement is based on availability. We keep our class sizes small to optimize your child’s development and safety. Payment (for either a trial class or the first month’s prorated tuition – see below for details) is due prior to your child’s first day of class.
- NEW STUDENTS (3,4,5 boys & girls and 6,7,8 girls): We start all new students in a beginner class for their first month. We place that class at the beginning of each month. Once new students have completed the beginner curriculum, they will move into an open regular class of your choosing.
- ANNUAL ENROLLMENT FEE: The $45 Annual Enrollment Fee is required for all new students at the time of registration and returning students in August. This fee must be paid in order to have your child enrolled for private lessons and/or group classes, even if for a future date or on a waitlist.
- SESSIONS: We have 3 sessions per year: Fall/Winter, Spring, and Summer. The class schedule changes each session and re-enrollment is required for each student each session. While in session, student enrollment rolls over month to month.
- Fall/Winter 2023: August 1 – December 15
- Spring 2024: January 4 – May 31
- Summer 2024: June 1 – July 27 (July tuition will be reduced)
- MONTHLY TUITION: Your first month’s tuition will be prorated based on your start date. Following that initial month, tuition is due the 1st of the month. A $15 late fee will be applied if payment is received after the 7th of the month. Your tuition reserves your child’s spot in their designated class for the entire month. For this reason, we do not offer makeups, except in the case of illness and contingent upon class availability. Should payment be late, your child’s enrollment may be cancelled, but payment will still be due. We HIGHLY recommend set up automatic payments in the Parent Portal to prevent this.
- CANCELLING ENROLLMENT: Within any session, enrollment for each student rolls over month to month. If you wish to discontinue your child’s enrollment, you must provide email notice to email@example.com by the 15th of the previous month to avoid additional charges. Vocal notice to the office is not sufficient. If email notice is not provided, it is assumed that your child is remaining enrolled and their spot is held for the following month. No pay, no shows will still owe for the full month of tuition since the child’s spot rolls over month to month.
- ENROLLMENT HOLD: Enrollment holds are available for $50 per month to hold your child’s spot in their current class even though they will be absent. These can be set up by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 1 week in advance of the month you wish to hold enrollment. Holds are only applicable within a session and do not transfer between sessions, therefore, they are not available in December, May, or July.
- CONTRACTS (No thank you!): There is no contract or minimum amount of months required to join. Tuition is paid month to month.
- PARENT PORTAL: Once your child is enrolled, you will be provided access to the Parent Portal. This Portal will be where you can manage your child’s enrollment and class selection, and manage payments for your account.
In general, clothes should be non-restrictive, but not baggy. Clothes should have no buttons, zippers, snaps, buckles, or strings.
- NO EXPOSED MIDRIFFS. Any child arriving with an exposed midriff will not be able to participate in class.
- All jewelry should be removed, including: barrettes, clips, watches, rings, necklaces, and earrings. Stud earrings may be worn. Secure eyeglasses.
- HAIR: must be pulled up and away from the face.
- FEET: Shoes and socks are to be removed. Everyone must be barefoot.
- GIRLS: leotards and unitards are recommended. Tights, leggings, or non-baggy shorts may be worn over a leotard or with a shirt or tank tucked in. No skirts or skorts.
- BOYS: Sport shorts and a tucked in t-shirt or tank.
- CHEER & TUMBLE: sport shorts or leggings and tucked-in t-shirts or tanks. Skorts ok.
POLICIES REGARDING CHILDREN IN THE GYM:
- Parents are responsible for the behavior and safety of their child(ren) while on the premises of NGA, including but not limited to bathrooms, waiting areas, parking lots, etc.
- Children should not be dropped off more than 5 minutes prior to the beginning of class and should be picked up immediately when the class ends. A late pickup fee may be charged. Children must NEVER be left unattended in the facility.
- Children not participating in class must sit with their parents during class time in the designated areas. They are not allowed to roam freely through the gym facility at any time.
- Children may not play on equipment and should not be left unattended in any of the gym areas at any time.
PAYMENTS & MAKEUP POLICY:
- Tuition: FULL tuition is due by the first of the month. The tuition amount reflects the guarantee of your child’s place in his/her class through the month. Classes cannot be guaranteed if full payment has not been received by the 15th of the month. Should tuition payment remain in default by the 15th of the month, he/she will lose his/her place in the class. Refunds are not provided for classes missed (see Make-ups below for policies on missed classes).
- Late Charges and Enrollment Cancellation: A late charge of $15 will be applied to any accounts paid past the 7th of the month. It is recommended that you sign up for auto payments to avoid late charges. If payment is not received by the 15th of the month, the student’s enrollment may be canceled. If you wish to discontinue your child’s enrollment, you must provide email notice to email@example.com by the 15th of the previous month to avoid additional charges.
- Make-up Classes: NO CREDIT IS GIVEN FOR MISSED CLASSES. Once you enroll and pay the monthly tuition, your child’s place is guaranteed through the month for the class in which they are registered, whether they attend or not. Because of this hold, refunds will not be issued. Make-ups are provided in the case of COVID or OTHER ILLNESSES as specified below. Make-up classes are not guaranteed. All make-ups must be scheduled and confirmed with the office at least 1 week in advance of attendance. Failure to schedule in advance will not guarantee your child’s spot in another class. Make-up classes are subject to the availability of class times and spaces and cannot be rescheduled. If you miss a make-up class, we will not schedule another one. ONE make up class will be given per month. Classes must be made up within 30 days and will not be carried over. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about makeups.
- COVID: Doctor’s note required. If your child tests positive for COVID, please do not bring them to practice for at least 5 days. Make-up for day(s) missed may be scheduled once the office is provided with proof of a positive test for the child.
- OTHER ILLNESSES: Doctor’s note required. If your child is sick with a contagious illness, please do not bring them to practice. Make-up for day(s) missed may be scheduled once the office is provided with a signed doctor’s note for the child.